What’s at stake?
2.5 quintillion bytes of data are generated daily. And 90% of the total data in existence was created within the past few years, a significant portion of
which has been generated by small businesses.SIRIS-2_icon
Considering all the servers,desktops, and laptops that the typical SMBs manage, it adds up to a lot of data to protect. Yet nearly 75% of SMBs operate without a disaster recovery plan and only 25% are “extremely confident” that they can restore data if it was compromised. Only 50% of SMBs back up less than 60% of their data. The remaining 40%? No protection for it whatsoever.
Small wonder that 40% of all businesses close their doors permanently after a disaster, according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Similar statistics from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) indicate that more than 90% of businesses fail within two years after being struck by a disaster. What are SMBs doing to protect themselves? Over 60% of them still ship tapes to a storage facility or another office, a surprising number, considering the technology is over four decades old and the storage and retrieval processes are extremely cumbersome. Meanwhile, nearly 20% are already using some sort of cloud-based data backup.
Are you confident that your business can survive a disaster, whither it’s mother nature, failing hardware or just an accident by an employee? Take a moment to think about what’s really at stake. Not only is it your data, but the company as a whole, and all those who depend on your company. Customers, vendors, employees and families.